Mint Chocolate Cupcakes
- 153 Calories
- 7g Protein
- 10g Total Fat
- 11g Carbs
This mint chocolate cupcake recipe makes a great St. Patrickâs Day treat or snack whenever youâre craving mint chocolate. Its rich and chocolatey batter is made with Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix, which perfectly complements the dark chocolate mint M&M filling. Surprise!
- 1-1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup stevia baking blend or sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pink salt
- 3 Large whole egg
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate mint M & M's
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners or coat with non-stick spray.
- Add all cake ingredients to a large bowl or stand mixer. Mix well on high to combine until smooth. Portion and add batter to prepare cupcake pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until set and a toothpick comes out clean when poked through the center. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Prepare frosting by adding heavy whipping cream to a stand mixer. Beat on high until fluffy. Add protein powder and cacao to a small bowl. Slowly sift mixture into whipped cream until combined.
- To assemble, scoop out a small portion of each cupcake top. You could carve out a portion or use a large baking tip. Fill with M&Ms. Pipe frosting and top with an extra M&M.