- 340 Calories
- 18g Protein
- 10g Total Fat
- 46g Carbs
- View Full Info
We promise this isn't as odd as it sounds. No fish involved, instead just a fun take on eating breakfast with Pancake Sushi. Make a batch of your favorite flapjacks, fill with nut butter, hazelnut spread, or fruit preserve, then add some fresh fruit and start rolling. So many awesome combinations to try, almond butter bananas, and a honey drizzle? Chocolate, strawberries, and some puffed rice for a crunch? Almost too many combos to choose from.
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 egg
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut spread or nut butter
- 1/2 cup mixed fruit, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cereal, coconut, or chopped nuts
- Stir Kodiak Cakes mix, water, and egg together until combined.
- Pour 1/2 cup of batter onto a heated and greased pan or griddle.
- Cook on medium-high heat, or 375°F, until bubbles form on the top.
- Flip and continue to cook until golden.
- Remove from heat and flip the pancake upside down. Let cool for 1 minute.
- Spread 1 tablespoon hazelnut spread or nut butter on the top half of the pancake.
- Place sliced fruit and cereal, coconut, or chopped nuts in a line from left to right along the center of the pancake.
- Starting with the end closest to you, roll the pancake while tucking the fruit in as tightly as possible.
- Use a serrated knife to cut the rolled pancake into 1"sushi rolls.
- Serve with honey or maple syrup.
- Be careful not to stuff the pancake too much with filling. Add more fruit to the rolls after they are cut if needed.
- The longer you wait to roll the pancake, the more flexible it will become.