Peanut Butter Maple Caramel Corn
Prep Time:20 mins
Cook Time:40 mins
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (10 cups popped plain popcorn)
- 3/4 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Peanut Butter Nut Butter Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, heat the coconut oil until hot.
- Add popcorn and swirl to coat.
- Cover and cook, shaking the pot occasionally, until all the popcorn is popped. Be sure to let a little bit of air out from the cover to allow steam to escape.
- In a large bowl, combine popped popcorn and peanuts.
- Preheat oven to 225°F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Stir in the Kodiak Peanut Butter Nut Butter Syrup and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook until it reaches 225°F on a thermometer.
- Remove the caramel from heat and carefully stir in the vanilla and baking soda.
- Immediately pour the caramel over the popcorn and toss with a spatula until coated.
- Spread the mixture in an event layer onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, making sure to stir every 15 minutes, until the popcorn is light and crisp. Store in a sealed container or bag.