- 190 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 11g Total Fat
- 16g Carbs
- View Full Info
Want a simple, but oh-so-good snack to make during your campfire get-togethers? Try these soft, garlic camping breadsticks. The crispy edges combined with its light interior is the ultimate texture that’ll get your tastebuds going. Plus, the Kodiak Power Flour can help you get the fuel you need on your camping adventure.
Recipe provided by Sarah Glover
- 1 cup Kodiak Power Flour
- 1 cup bread flour
- 2 teaspoons active dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup warm water (if you’re by the ocean, you can use seawater)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 garlic bulb
- Fire pit
- 10 long sticks
- Light a fire and let it burn down for 1 hour or until you obtain a medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the Kodiak power flour, bread flour, yeast and salt. Add the water and olive oil and form the mixture into a shaggy dough. Knead the dough for 5–8 minutes, until smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a tea towel and set aside in a warm place for 1 hour, or until the dough is doubled in size.
- Meanwhile, place the garlic and oil in a heatproof bowl and place it by the fire to warm through. This will infuse the oil with the garlic.
- Divide the dough into eight pieces, then roll each piece into a 10 in long rope. Brush the dough ropes with the garlic oil, then wrap each rope around the end of a long roasting stick, pressing the ends of the dough into the sticks to secure.
- Hold or prop the sticks over the hot coals for about 10 minutes, rotating until the bread sticks are cooked through and golden.
- Allow the bread sticks to cool for 5 minutes, then slide off the sticks and serve.