Chewy Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookie Jar
- 110 Calories
- 3g Protein
- 1.5g Total Fat
- 22g Carbs
- View Full Info
If pumpkin is made for fall, then peppermint rules winter — especially when it comes to these Chewy Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. With Kodiak® Double Dark Chocolate Power Cakes® in the mix, you're getting a solid punch of protein and whole grains while satisfying your chocolate-peppermint fix. Jar it up and pass it forward as the gift that keeps on giving; or, simply bake a batch for the whole household to enjoy. Either way, we’re crowning peppermint as the craze of the season.
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 1 32-ounce mason jar with lid
- 1-1/2 cups Kodiak Dark Chocolate Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candies (candy canes work well)
- 1/3 cup mint chocolate chips
- Twine or ribbon, to decorate
To make the jar:
- Layer the Kodiak mix with the brown sugar, chocolate chips, peppermint candies, and mint chocolate chips in the mason jar. Seal with lid.
- Tie baking instructions onto the mouth of the jar with decorative ribbons or twine.
Cookie baking directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place 8 tablespoons of softened butter in a mixing bowl and beat on high for 1 minute.
- Add the entire contents of the cookie mix jar to the bowl along with 3 egg yolks and beat together until combined.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Scoop mounds of batter (about one scant quarter cup in volume) onto the prepared, baking sheet, spacing mounds, 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Let cool for two minutes on a sheet then move to rack. Store in an airtight container.