- 555 Calories
- 48.9g Protein
- 30.8g Total Fat
- 19g Carbs
- View Full Info
The best chicken parmigiana recipe may only exist in a small village somewhere in Italy, but you canât go wrong with this delicious and easy chicken parmigiana recipe when you need a baked chicken parmigiana recipe that's delicious and convenient. Itâs ready to serve in less than an hour, and itâs generously seasoned crust is made with our Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix for a fresh take on this Italian classic.
- 4 chicken breasts, salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce, homemade or jarred
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- If chicken breasts are very thick, cut in half long-wise and pound to thin. (If chicken breasts are already thin and even, skip this step). Generously salt and pepper both sides of each breast.
- Beat eggs with buttermilk in medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix Kodiak Cakes Flapjack Mix, panko, seasonings, garlic, and 1/2 cup parmesan.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg mixture.
- Thoroughly coat chicken with crumb mixture on all sides.
- Place chicken pieces on parchment-covered or greased cookie sheet. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Take chicken out of oven. Place two pieces of provolone on tops of chicken pieces. Spoon marinara over chicken and top with Parmesan.
- Bake 5-7 more minutes, until cooked through.