Chicken & Waffle Sliders
- 380 Calories
- 41g Protein
- 32g Carbs
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3" pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for pan frying
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Maple Syrup
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, and hot sauce.
- Stir the Kodiak Cakes mix and pepper together in a separate bow.
- Dip the cut chicken into the egg mixture, and then into the dry mix to coat.
- Set the breaded chicken in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Pro Tip: For a healthier baked option, place breaded chicken on a sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. Flip, and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Combine the Kodiak Cake mix, water, and oil and whisk until smooth.
- Cook in a preheated, greased waffle iron.
- Cut the waffles into quarters and spread an even layer of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup on each quarter.
- Sandwich the chicken between two waffles and secure with a toothpick.