Chicken & Waffle Sliders
- 380 Calories
- 41g Protein
- 32g Carbs
Chicken and Waffles is a classic southern breakfast dish that we've recreated into mini Chicken and Waffle Sliders! This recipe uses Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes in two ways to give this dish that perfect southern flare. We suggest serving with a side of maple syrup for dipping.
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3" pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil for pan frying
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Maple Syrup
- Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the buttermilk, egg, and hot sauce.
- Stir the Kodiak Cakes mix and pepper together in a separate bow.
- Dip the cut chicken into the egg mixture, and then into the dry mix to coat.
- Set the breaded chicken in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown on both sides with an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Pro Tip: For a healthier baked option, place breaded chicken on a sheet pan and bake at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. Flip, and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Combine the Kodiak Cake mix, water, and oil and whisk until smooth.
- Cook in a preheated, greased waffle iron.
- Cut the waffles into quarters and spread an even layer of butter and a drizzle of maple syrup on each quarter.
- Sandwich the chicken between two waffles and secure with a toothpick.