Chocolate Chip Flax Seed Cookies
- 90 Calories
- 2g Protein
- 6g Total Fat
- 9g Carbs
- View Full Info
Looking to make your next batch of chocolate chip cookies just a tad healthier? These Chocolate Chip Flax Seed Cookies will do the trick. Not only was our Whole Wheat Oat & Honey Frontier Flapjack & Waffle Mix created using a 100% whole grains, but this recipe also adds nutrient-rich flax seeds to the mix to make a wholesome cookie full of fiber and healthy fats. Pro-tip: substitute 1/4 cup applesauce with half of the butter for a batch of cookies with even less fat.
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/4 cup Kodiak Whole Wheat, Oat, & Honey Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and prepare two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the ground flax seeds and water.
- Set aside to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Use an electric mixer to cream the butter and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Mix in the flax egg and vanilla until fully combined.
- Add Kodiak Whole Wheat, Oat, & Honey Flapjack & Waffle Mix and oats. Beat until combined into a dough.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop 2-3 tablespoon-sized rounds onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden around the edges.