Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
- 180 Calories
- 3g Protein
- 10g Total Fat
- 19g Carbs
- View Full Info
Waffle Cookies. They’re soft, sweet, and just as addictive as your homemade batch — oh, and just a bit better for you... thank you whole grains. What better way to get your waffle, and cookie, fix than by adding this waffle cookie recipe to your dessert rotation?
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 1 cup Kodiak Chocolate Chip Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1-1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4-6 tablespoons milk
- Mini chocolate chips
- Place the chocolate chip power cakes mix and sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add in the egg and melted butter and whisk until a smooth batter comes together.
- Place a scoop of batter the size of 2 tablespoons into the center of a greased, pre-heated
- waffle iron.
- Cook until golden brown, 1-2 minutes (this time will depend on your waffle iron so check every 30 seconds to see how done the cookie is).
- Remove waffle cookie and place on a cooling rack. Repeat this process with the remaining batter until it has all been used.
- Once the cookies have cooled, place the powdered sugar in a small bowl. Add vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk and whisk until smooth. Add milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the icing is thick but easily falls off a spoon.
- Dip the tops of the cooled cookies into the icing and let the excess drip off. Place icing side up on a cooling rack and sprinkle with chocolate chips. Repeat this process until all cookies have been glazed and coated in chocolate chips.
- Let the icing set for about 10 minutes.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days.