Dark Chocolate Cherry Scones
- 119 Calories
- 1.7g Protein
- 6.9g Total Fat
- 13.5g Carbs
- View Full Info
Great for an after-school snack for the kids or midday treat for yourself, this dark chocolate cherry scone recipe is easy to make and tastes great. Using Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix as a foundational ingredient, these unique and tasty scones are the perfect pick-me-up treat. Just remember to serve them with a tall glass of milk!
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp. almond or vanilla extract
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried cherries or cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine Kodiak Cakesâ mix and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add maple syrup and coconut oil (at room temperature but not melted.) Mix on low until coconut oil has broken up into very small pieces.
- Add coconut milk, egg, extract and lemon zest. Mix on medium speed until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and dried cherries and mix by hand until combined.
- Drop by large spoonfuls (about 1/4 - 1/3 cup) onto parchment-lined or lightly greased cookie sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Watch closely, and adjust cooking time as needed. They are done as they barely begin to brown. Do not overcook!