Glazed Gingerbread Muffins
- 260 Calories
- 8g Protein
- 6g Total Fat
- 44g Carbs
- View Full Info
It’s true that during the holidays, and all year round for that matter, a hint of gingerbread spice makes everything nice. Take this Gingerbread Muffin recipe for starters. Each gingerbread muffin is sweet, scrumptious, and spiced to perfection. And, with a boost of whole grains and protein thanks to Kodiak Cinnamon Oat Power Cakes, you’ll have the energy needed for all the fun you've got goin’ on.
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 2 cups Cinnamon Oat Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄3 cup applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup light olive oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 3⁄4 cup whole milk
For the glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin liners.
- Place the power cakes mix, ginger, and brown sugar in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the egg, applesauce, olive oil, molasses, and milk to the dry ingredients, mixing in until combined. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Divide the batter evenly between the prepared muffin tins using a spoon or scoop.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
- Remove and let cool completely before glazing.
- Place the confectioners’ sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the vanilla and 1 tablespoon of milk and whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in more milk until desired consistency is reached. Thicker is better.
- Dip the tops of the muffin in the glaze and let it drop down the sides until set.
- Store in an airtight container.