Prep Time:40 mins
Cook Time:10 mins
- 50 Calories
- 0g Protein
- 1.5g Total Fat
- 10g Carbs
- View Full Info
A better-for-you candy that’s homemade? You bet! Try your hand at making Honey Candy using Kodiak’s crave-worthy, crunchy Honey Bear Bites. The hearty whole grain bear bites crushed atop the spiced, cinnamon squares would make Mr. Wonka himself envious.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- extra butter for greasing hands
- 1/2 cup Kodiak Honey Bear Bites, crushed
- Grease a small, rimmed sheet pan with butter and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large, tall pot combine the honey, heavy whipping cream, sugar, and salt.
- Place the pan over medium heat and stir to dissolve sugar until the mixture comes to a boil. Once boiling, do not stir any longer or crystallization may occur.
- Place a lid over the pot for 1 minute.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking until the mixture reaches 280°F.
- Once the temperature is reached, remove the pot from heat and carefully pour the hot sugar into the chilled pan greased with butter.
- Let rest for 20 minutes, or until hot enough to handle.
- Lightly coat your hands, or latex-gloved hands with butter, repeating as necessary. Using your hands, fold the candy over itself to form a ball. Stretch the ball into a long strand and fold it over itself twice, then press the ends together. Repeat for about 5 minutes or until the color lightens by several shades.
- Divide the candy into 2 equal pieces and roll each into a log. Cut each log into 1” candies and coat with crushed bear bites.
- Wrap the candies in confectionary or wax paper.