Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich
Looking to raise the standards at the breakfast table? This Monte Cristo Waffle Sandwich is sure to do the trick without adding even a pinch of stress to your breakfast plans. A fun frontier spin on a French standard, this sandwich has some surprising combinations that are sure to have you asking for seconds. For best results, we recommend making your waffle extra crispy and using fresh jam or jelly.
- 2 Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk & Vanilla Power Waffles
- 1 tablespoon raspberry or strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3-4 slices of ham
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- powdered sugar for dusting
- Toast waffles on the lowest setting until hot and crispy throughout.
- Assemble sandwiches with raspberry jam, Dijon mustard, ham slices, and Swiss cheese.
- Melt butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk the egg and milk together and carefully dip the sandwich into the mixture.
- Place the sandwich on the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side or until slightly browned.
- Dust the top of the sandwich with powdered sugar.