- 148 Calories
- 8.7g Protein
- 7.1g Total Fat
- 12.5g Carbs
- View Full Info
Mozzarella sticks are the ideal appetizer for a backyard barbecue or after-school snack. This convenient recipe takes just 32 minutes to make, and uses Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes to give each mozzarella stick the hearty, satisfying texture of 100% whole grains.
- 1 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 cup water
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- Favorite marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine Kodiak Cakes mix, 1 cup water, and minced garlic cloves in a bowl. Set aside.
- Crack eggs into a different bowl, add 2 tablespoons water and whip until mixed and frothy.
- In a third bowl, combine panko crumbs, herbs, salt, and pepper.
- Unwrap string cheese sticks. Grease a baking sheet and set aside.
- Working with one cheese stick at a time, dip in Kodiak Cakes mix, then egg mix and finally coat with panko crumbs. Place on baking sheet and repeat until all cheese sticks are coated.
- Bake for 6 minutes, flip each mozzarella stick over and bake for another 6-7 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Dip into marinara sauce and enjoy!