Pancake Pigs in a Blanket
- 80 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 11g Carbs
Ready to eat in just 35 minutes, this Pigs in a Pancake Blanket recipe is a quick and tasty breakfast pick that reinvents a Game Day staple. Cover savory sausage with maple syrup and bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes. For the batter, simply add water to Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix and use a spoon or ladle to make small pancakes. Wrap each piglet in a pancake, grab some maple syrup for dipping, and enjoy!
- 14 mini sausage links
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes
- 2 cups water
- Maple syrup for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss sausage links in maple syrup and spread evenly on a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake sausages for 10 minutes, flip, and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the Kodiak Cakes mix and water together until combined (do not over-beat).
- Pour 2-3 tablespoons of batter onto a heated and greased pan or griddle to make small pancakes.
- Cook on medium high heat or 375 degrees F until bubbles form on the top. Flip and continue to cook until golden brown.
- Wrap the warm pancakes around the baked sausages and secure with a toothpick. Serve with a side of maple syrup.