Peppermint Dark Chocolate Baked Donuts
- 330 Calories
- 10g Protein
- 21g Total Fat
- 36g Carbs
- View Full Info
It won’t take much to convince your little helpers to lend a hand in making this recipe — Peppermint Dark Chocolate Baked Donuts are a festive favorite for folks of all ages! So, turn up the holiday tunes, preheat the oven, and dish out the assignments. This recipe is a surefire way to bring the family together this season, or any time of year for that matter!
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 1 box Kodiak Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon peppermint extract
For the glaze:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup peppermint candy canes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Grease and flour the wells of a donut baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the brownie mix and baking soda. Beat in the eggs, egg yolk, vegetable oil, water, and peppermint extract to form a smooth batter.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag. Snip off the tip of the piping bag and pipe the batter into the prepared donut wells, filling each tin halfway full with batter. Do not fill the wells any fuller than halfway or they will overflow.
- Bake in the preheated oven. Small donuts will need about seven minutes and larger donuts will need about 10 minutes. Donuts are done when puffed and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove donuts from the oven and invert immediately onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- Place the chocolate chips and whipping cream in a small mixing bowl and microwave at 30-second intervals until chocolate is melted. Whisk together to form a smooth, glossy mixture.
- Dip the top of each donut into the chocolate mixture and place on a wire rack. Once all the donuts have been dipped, sprinkle with the crushed candy canes.
- Store in an airtight container.
*Note: This recipe makes ~8-12 regular sized donuts or 18 small donuts!