Pumpkin Ricotta Pizza with Thyme and Pepitas
Anytime is the right time for pizza â even late autumn. That's why we created this pumpkin pizza recipe to put a fall spin on one of everyone's favorite foods. Combining sweet and savory with a blend of ricotta, pumpkin, and thyme it's sure to wow everyone who gets their hand on a slice.
- 2 balls of Kodiak Cakes Protein Pizza Dough, rolled out
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1-1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, shredded
- 2 tablespoons roasted pepitas
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and thyme. Stir to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, divide the pumpkin mixture between the two rolled out pizza doughs, spreading an even layer to the edges, leaving Â½â border. Donât feel the need to use all of the mixture, you want the layer to be somewhat thin.
- Divide the shredded mozzarella cheese between the two pizzas, scattering evenly over the pumpkin ricotta layer. Top with roasted pepitas and extra chopped thyme.
- Cook in the Ooni pizza oven for 60 seconds, until lightly browned and crisp. Slice and serve hot.