RASPBERRY ALMOND POPPY SEED CAKE
- 210 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 13g Total Fat
- 20g Carbs
- View Full Info
Basic vanilla cake just won’t do. Level up your cooking game with this Raspberry Almond Poppy Seed Cake recipe. If you like our almond poppyseed flapjack flavor, this cake should be first thing on your list to make tonight! The blend of fresh, tart raspberries add some punch to the sweet, fragrant poppy seed mix. Needless to say, it tastes good, and you’ll feel better about eating it thanks to the whole grain base and boost of protein in your bite.
Recipe provided by Bella Karragiannidis
- 1-1/2 cups Kodiak Almond Poppy Seed Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 3/4 pint fresh raspberries, plus more for garnish
Get this product Find in stores
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Line a 9-inch round cake pan with a circle of parchment paper. Lightly grease the paper and sides of the pan with butter or nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs until fully combined. Add the oil and 1/2 cup sugar, and whisk until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is fully emulsified. Stir in the water or milk until combined..
- Fold the Power Cakes mix into the wet ingredients until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Pour the batter into your prepared pan, smoothing out the top with a spatula. Gently tap the pan against the counter a few times to eliminate air bubbles. Top with the raspberries and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake until the cake is golden and a tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes. Transfer the pan to a baking rack and let cool completely.
To serve: dust cake with powdered sugar & garnish with fresh raspberries