Triple Layer Pumpkin Brownies
- 296 Calories
- 7g Protein
- 35g Carbs
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
IngredientsFirst Layer 1 box of Kodiak Cakes Brownies of your choice 2 eggs 1/2 cup melted butter 2 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 tablespoons water Second Layer 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/4 cup pumpkin purÃ©e 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg Pinch of salt 2-1/2 to 3 cups powdered sugar 2 drops of orange food coloring, optional Third Layer 2-1/2 ounces semisweet baking chocolate 1 tablespoon butter
- Prepare brownies as instructed on the box.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before proceeding.
- To make the second layer, cream together the butter, pumpkin purÃ©e, and vanilla extract using and electric mixture. The butter may look chunky, but don't worry, it will smooth out later.
- Add in the cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and 1 cup of powdered sugar. Mix until smooth. Continue adding the powdered sugar in 1 cup increments until you reach the consistency of a thick frosting. Mix in the food coloring until well incorporated, if using.
- Spread the pumpkin mixture onto the cooled brownies in an even layer. Place in the fridge to chill while you prepare the third layer.
- To make the third layer, in a small microwavable bowl, combine the baking chocolate and butter. Microwave at 50% for 60-90 seconds, or until the mixture is melted. Stir well.
- Remove the brownies from the fridge, and spread the chocolate mixture in an even layer over top of the second layer.
- Place the brownies back in the fridge to cool completely before slicing into small squares.