Effective Date: May 2, 2018
Please be aware that we may change or replace the terms of the Policy from time to time, at our sole discretion. If we make changes to the Policy, we will notify you by posting those changes to this Site. Any modifications to the Policy will go into immediate effect after they have been posted. Your continued use of the Site after we post any changes constitutes your consent to the updated Policy.
This Site is controlled, operated, and administered by Kodiak Cakes from its offices within the United States . If you are accessing the Site from a location outside the United States, you acknowledge and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your Personal Information to our facilities in the United States and to those third parties with whom we share it, as described in the Policy.
Information that We Collect
Through your use of the Site, we may collect Personal Information, which is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable individual. While we do not require you to provide Personal Information in order to navigate the Site, we may need to collect Personal Information if you choose to engage in certain activities on the Site or request products or services. Below are the types of Personal Information that we may collect.
Information Provided by You
We collect the Personal Information that you provide to us. If you choose to create an account on the Site, we may collect registration information such as your user name, first and last name, email address, and telephone number. If you make a purchase on Site, we may collect information such as your physical address, email address, telephone number, and payment card information. If you provide us contact information to learn more about our products or services or choose to send us a message with information about yourself, we will maintain records of your correspondence. This may include any of your questions, comments, or suggestions and our responses.
If you choose to interact with our blog by posting a comment or sharing a post, we may collect the information that you post. Please note that your comments will also be visible to the public, so you should never share Personal Information that you would like to keep private.
We will also collect any Personal Information that you provide if you apply for a job with Kodiak Cakes.
Information Provided by Third Parties
In order to purchase Kodiak Cakes products online, you may need to provide certain Personal Information to third parties, such as our retail partners. Such Personal Information may include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and payment card information. We may receive certain Personal Information about you from third parties in connection with your orders. For example, we may receive information about your transaction history.
Device and Usage Information
The Site automatically collects technical information through your use of the Site, such as the following:
- Usage Information: We collect certain information automatically through your use of the Site, such as which of the pages on the Site that you access, the frequency of access, and what you click on while on the Site.
- Location Information: We may collect information about your actual location which may be determined from GPS and other sensors that may reveal information on nearby devices, Wi-Fi access points, and cell towers.
- Device Information: We may collect information about the device you are using, such as hardware model, operating system, application version number, browser, and IP addresses.
- Mobile Device Information: In addition to the Device Information listed above, when you access the Site via a browser on your mobile device, we may collect mobile network information including telephone number, the unique device identifier assigned to that device, mobile carrier, operating system, and other device attributes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer and/or device for record-keeping purposes.
- Session Cookies: We use session cookies to make it easier for you to navigate the Site. A session ID cookie expires when you close your browser.
- Persistent Cookies: We use persistent cookies that remain on your hard drive for an extended period of time. For example, we may set a persistent cookie to store your preferences on the Site.
If you reject cookies, you may still use the Site, but your ability to use some areas of the Site may be limited.
We may also use other website or mobile tracking technologies to identify you and keep track of your preferences, prevent fraudulent activity or improve Site security, and assess the performance of the Site.
Statistical or aggregated information does not directly identify you or any specific person, but it may be derived from your Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users in a particular ZIP code.
How We Use and Share Information
We use Personal Information that we collect in the following ways:
- Provide Services: We use your Personal Information in order to provide you with our products and services and to fulfill our contractual obligations to you.
- Communicate: We use Personal Information to communicate with you about our Site or products or services. We may also use your Personal Information to respond to your inquiries or to inform you of any changes to our Site or products or services.
- Specific Purposes: You may be asked to provide information for a specific purpose. For example, we may request that you fill out a survey to provide us with feedback on our products. We will only use the information that you provide for the purpose for which you provided it to us.
- Customer Support: We may use your Personal Information to provide you support or other services you request. For example, we may need your information in order to provide technical support or answer questions about the Site.
- Maintenance and Improvement: We analyze how our users interact with the Site in order to maintain and improve it. We also use information that we collect to diagnose any problems with the Site to improve the user experience.
We reserve the right to share information, including Personal Information, with third parties, as described below:
- Service Providers: We may share information with service providers that help us perform Site functions and administer our services. For example, we may share your information with third-party customer service providers.
- Corporate Family: We may share information within our corporate family, such as with subsidiaries, joint ventures, or affiliates, to the extent permitted by law.
- Corporate Structure: We may share information in connection with a merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
- Prevent Harm: We may share information if we believe it is necessary in order to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- Legal Purposes: We will share information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any mandatory applicable law.
- Legitimate Business Purposes: We may share your information for any other legitimate business purpose, to the extent permitted by law.
- Consent: We may request your permission to share your Personal Information for a specific purpose. We will notify you and request consent before you provide the Personal Information or before the Personal Information you have already provided is shared for such purpose.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us. We maintain reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security measures to protect and limit access to your Personal Information. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage technology is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-Party Data Collection
One of the third-party services that we use is Google Analytics, which is a web analysis service provided by Google. Google utilizes the data collected to track and examine the use of our Site and may share this data with other Google services. You can learn more about how Google uses and shares Personal Information and about any choices you may have with regards to your Personal Information by visiting their website at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Similarly, the Site may contain links to third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by Kodiak Cakes. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party website. You are subject to the policies of those third-party websites, where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website before you disclose your Personal Information.
Browser Do Not Track
The Site is not currently configured to respond to Do Not Track signals.
California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 (known as the “Shine the Light” law), if you reside in California and have an established business relationship with Kodiak Cakes, you have the right to request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. You may request such information by [Insert method(s) of contact here]. All requests must be labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” on the email subject line or envelope or post card and must include your full name, street address, city, state, and zip code. We will respond to your request within thirty (30) days of receipt with a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to certain third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of those third parties. This request may be made no more than once per calendar year. We reserve the right not to respond to requests that are incomplete or improperly labeled.
Our Site is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13 years of age. Please contact us if you believe we may have unknowingly collected information about a child under 13, and we will take immediate steps to delete any such Personal Information.
Should you have any questions or concerns about the Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.