Simple bread recipes were a keystone for the pioneers making their way across the Great Plains, and this Honey Whole Wheat Bread recipe is no exception. Full of whole grains and packed with protein, it not only helps make sandwiches, snacks, or toast taste even better but keeps you fuller longer.
- 1-3/4 cups warm water, divided
- 3 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk & Honey Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter, melted