This Huevos Rancheros on Cornbread Waffles Recipe brings some south-of-the-border spice to your breakfast routine. A savory take on waffles, this recipe uses Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread to complement the refried bean, pico de gallo, avocado, and cilantro toppings—feel free to add a dash of your favorite hot sauce if you’re feeling particularly adventurous.
- 1 box Kodiak Cakes Cornbread Mix
- 1-3/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoon oil or melted butter + extra for greasing
- 1 [16 oz.] jar your favorite salsa *no sugar added
- 1 [16 oz.] can low-sodium refried beans
- 6 eggs
- Optional toppings: cilantro, pico de gallo, feta cheese, avocado slices