Chicken & Veggie Waffle Kabobs
- 360 Calories
- 35g Protein
- 14g Total Fat
- 28g Carbs
- View Full Info
A classic twist on chicken and waffles is comin’ in hot with these camping kabobs. Whether you’re planning your next meal in the mountains or firing up the grill for a backyard barbecue, these chicken and veggie waffle kabobs are a fan favorite for those that crave savory and sweet bites.
For the chicken:
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken
- 1/4 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
For the kabobs:
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 summer squash, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 cup red onion, cubed
- 4 Kodiak Homestead Style Power Waffles
- Cut the chicken into cubes and place in a medium container or plastic bag.
- In a small bowl, mix the BBQ sauce, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until fully combined. Add 2/3 of the mixture to the container or bag with the chicken and toss to coat.* Cover and store the remaining marinade for later.
- Place the bag into the fridge or a cooler for at least 2 hours, or overnight, to marinade.
- If using wooden kabobs, soak them in water for 30 minutes before assembling.
- Add chopped veggies and marinaded chicken to the kabob skewers, leaving a little space between each piece of chicken to ensure they cook evenly.
- Brush the remaining marinade over the kabobs.
- Place kabobs on a non-stick grill over hot coals, rotating every few minutes for even cooking. Remove from the grill once the chicken is cooked and reaches an internal temperature of 165°F.
- When chicken kabobs are close to being finished, place Kodiak Homestyle Power Waffles on the grill for 2-3 minutes or until crisp and warm throughout.
- Serve each waffle with the kabobs and a drizzle of maple syrup or BBQ sauce.
*Tip: Marinade the chicken the night before leaving to camp.