Cornmeal Pancakes with Chili
- 656 Calories
- 32.4g Protein
- 28.5g Total Fat
- 70.2g Carbs
- View Full Info
Is it breakfast? Or is it dinner? It's tough to say, but one thing is for sure, and that's this Cornmeal Pancakes with Chili Recipe makes the perfect brinner option. Not only does it only take 35 minutes to make, but it's also a great source of protein thanks to Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix.
Recipe provided by Recipe Provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 green or red pepper
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 lb ground beef or turkey
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1-2 teaspoons chipotle in adobo sauce
- 2 cans tomato sauce, 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can kidney beans
- Grated cheddar cheese, plain Greek yogurt and chopped green onion for topping
- 1-1/2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, scrambled
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- Butter for frying
- Add olive oil to a large pot and heat. Dice onion and pepper and add to pot. SautÃ© on low heat until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add ground meat, cumin, and chili powder to the pot. Stir and heat until cooked through.
- Add chipotles, tomato sauce, crushed tomatoes, and water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- While soup is simmering, make cornmeal pancakes (see instructions below).
- Stir in beans, heat for another 3-5 minutes and serve on top of pancakes.
- Top with grated cheese, plain Greek yogurt,Â and green onions.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir together.
- Add buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter. Mix until just incorporated. Gently fold in frozen corn.
- Heat griddle or non-stick skillet. Grease with a small amount of butter. Ladle about 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.
- Cook pancakes 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom. Carefully flip with a spatula and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.