HAM & GRUYERE CREPES
- 350 Calories
- 24g Protein
- 13g Total Fat
- 37g Carbs
- View Full Info
Go wild with your Kodiak mix and whip up this savory, satisfying ham and gruyere crepe. The thin, buttery crepe base is the perfect vehicle for delicious toppings like fresh chives and basil. Plus you can never go wrong with a solid meat and cheese filling, right? Bon appetite!
Recipe provided by Moments of Wild
- 1 cup Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup milk + more ** (see note in directions)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Gruyere cheese, grated
- Ham, sliced
- Fried egg
- Fresh chives
- Fresh basil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs and melted butter. Add Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix and mix to combine. Cover batter and set aside in the refrigerator or in a cool place to rest for 30 minutes. (This is an optional step.) If you are making these in a pinch you can proceed to cooking. ** Note: Your batter should be thin and pourable, if it is too thick, it will not spread on the pan evenly. You may need to test the first crepe and add more milk if necessary.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat. If non-stick is not available, be sure to butter your pan lightly before adding the crepe batter. Lift the skillet from the heat, and pour ¼ cup of batter into the middle of the skillet and swirl the pan to move the batter around to the outer edges of the pan in a thin even layer. Place back on heat and allow to cook for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Set aside on a plate and continue cooking the remaining crepes.
- Lay a slice of ham onto your prepared crepe and top with a handful of shredded gruyere cheese. Top with a hot fried egg, sprinkle with fresh chives or basil, salt and pepper. Serve warm and enjoy!