Campfire Bread Sticks
Prep Time:75 mins
Cook Time:10 mins
- 150 Calories
- 8g Protein
- 4.5g Total Fat
- 21g Carbs
- View Full Info
What better way to cap off a cool evening than with warm, buttery campfire breadsticks? But the best part about this soft, melt-in-your-mouth comfort food, is that the main ingredient is our Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix. Devour these better-for-you breadsticks roasted over an open fire.
- 2 1/2 cups Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack Mix, sugar, instant yeast, and salt.
- Add the water and olive oil and mix until the dough is fully combined.
- Cover the bowl and let rise in a warm place for one hour, or until doubled in size.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll each of the 8 pieces out into a 10” rope-like strip.
- Twist the strip around the end of a roasting stick and pinch the ends together to secure.
- Hold or prop the stick up over the fire around hot coals for about 10 minutes, rotating until all sides are browned.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Tip: Make at home by baking bread sticks in an oven set to 400°F for 10-15 minutes.
Ways to enjoy:
- Drizzled with honey
- Dipped in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, marinara sauce, or hummus
- Served as a side to a pasta dish