Campfire Jalapeño Cheddar Skillet Cornbread
- 620 Calories
- 24g Protein
- 33g Total Fat
- 59g Carbs
- View Full Info
Need another campfire recipe to get your tastebuds tingling on your next camping trip? One batch of Jalapeño cheddar cornbread in a cast iron skillet comin’ right up! With only a bag full of ingredients and less than an hour to make, this delicious dish is just what nature calls for under a painted sky.
Recipe provided by Moments of Wild
- 1 package Kodiak Homestead Style Cornbread Mix
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- Build a campfire and place a grill over top of the flame. Place a 9x9 cast iron skillet on the grill to let it get hot and add your butter to melt. Remove from heat once melted.
- Meanwhile, prepare Kodiak Cornbread Mix. Combine mix, melted butter, milk, and eggs according to package instructions. Add 1 cup of cheddar cheese and fold in with a spoon or spatula. Pour prepared batter into skillet and top with jalapeño slices and some extra grated cheddar cheese.
- Place the cast iron skillet back over the grill and cover with tin foil. Allow to cook over a steady flame for 20-25 minutes or until the center is just set. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Drizzle honey over top. Slice and enjoy!