Colorful Christmas Crepes
- 210 Calories
- 14g Protein
- 3g Total Fat
- 33g Carbs
- View Full Info
Kodiak Kitchen’s Rule: The festivities can’t begin until you and your fam have a Colorful Christmas Crepe. So, grab your Kodiak ® Buttermilk Power Cakes®, a dash of food coloring, and a few other goodies and whip up a festive holiday breakfast. We're talking the cozy taste of classic flapjacks, but thin, colorful, and ready to be loaded up with all the good stuff — think Nutella, strawberries, bacon, or whatever hits the spot!
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 2 containers Kodiak Quick Mix Power Cakes
- 2 eggs
- Red food coloring
- Green food coloring
- 2-1/2 cups water
- Butter, to cook the crepes
- 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- Powdered sugar, to top
- Remove the lids from the Quick Mix containers and peel off the seals.
- Add one egg, red food coloring, and 1-1/4 cups water to one quick mix container. Replace the cap. Shake vigorously to combine.
- Add the remaining egg, green food coloring, and 1-1/4 cups water to the second container of Quick Mix. Replace the cap and shake vigorously until a smooth batter is formed.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Squeeze the batter into the prepared skillet in 3” circles. Use the back of a spoon to spread the batter out over the pan into a thin, 6” circle.
- Cook until bubbly, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Flip over and cook on the other side for 30 seconds. Repeat with the remaining batter until you’ve used both containers of red and green quick mix. Stack the finished crepes in between sheets of parchment paper as you cook them.
- Fold the crepes into a fan shape by folding in half, and then half again. Layer on a platter and fill the crepes with whipped cream.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve!