Herb & Cheese Christmas Tree Pull-Apart Bread
- 220 Calories
- 9g Protein
- 14g Total Fat
- 15g Carbs
- View Full Info
Give your holiday spread a boost of festive flare with our Christmas Tree Pull Apart Bread. Crafted using Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes, each hearty bite delivers the delicious taste of fresh herbs and a generous sprinkle of cheese. And don't forget to serve with marinara on the side for a delightful dip. Serve, share, and savor this merry dish!
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 2-1⁄2 cups Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1-1⁄2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup warm water
- 4 mozzarella sticks
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Marinara, to serve
- Place the power cakes mix, yeast, salt, and sugar in a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Pour in the olive oil and warm water and stir with a spoon until a thick, sticky dough forms. Cover with a cloth and set aside in a warm place until doubled in size - scout 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the mozzarella sticks into 8 even pieces per stick for a total of 32 pieces (you will only need 29). Set aside.
- Divide the dough into 29 even pieces (about a scant tablespoon per piece). Press a piece of mozzarella into a dough piece, pinch the dough around the mozzarella so that it is completely enclosed, and roll into a ball. Repeat with remaining 28 dough pieces (dust dough balls with a little power cakes mix if too sticky to handle).
- Place the cheese-filled dough balls on the parchment-lined baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree.
- Brush the dough balls with half of the melted butter and sprinkle evenly with the chopped herbs and coarse salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until bread is lightly browned on top.
- Remove from the oven. Brush with the remaining melted butter and serve warm with marinara sauce to dip.