Toffee Nut Dutch Baby
- 380 Calories
- 11g Protein
- 26g Total Fat
- View Full Info
During this special time of year, make the most of your morning with this Toffee Nut Dutch Baby recipe that’ll keep you coming back for seconds. Simply whip up Kodiak buttermilk flapjack mix with other drool-worthy ingredients listed on the recipe and enjoy a restaurant-quality dish in the comfort of your own home.
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
For the Dutch baby:
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the toffee topping:
- 1⁄2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- Pinch coarse sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup pecan halves, toasted
To make the Dutch baby:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Place the butter in a 10" frying pan and place in the oven so that the butter can melt.
- Place the eggs, milk, Kodiak mix, sugar, and vanilla in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Remove the pan of melted butter from the oven. Pour the batter into the pan and place back in the hot oven.
- Cook pancake for 10-15 minutes, or until puffed and golden brown.
- Remove and let cool slightly.
- Cut into wedges and serve topped with toffee sauce and pecans.
To make the toffee topping:
- Place the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan. Heat over low, stirring occasionally, until the butter is melted, and the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring the heat up to medium high. Cook the mixture at a boil for a few minutes, or until it begins to turn a deep amber color. As soon as the mixture darkens, pour in the cream. Mixture will sputter and seize. Continue to cook until the mixture becomes smooth and silky.
- Remove from heat.
- Let cool and stir in pecan halves.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.