- 128 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 17g Carbs
No dinner would be complete with dinner rolls, of course. This Wheat Rolls recipe uses Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Mix to make these dinner rolls a great-tasting source of 100% whole grains and protein.
Recipe provided by A Bountiful Kitchen
- 3-1/2 cups Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 4 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup warm water
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour for dusting
- In a large mixer bowl or stand mixer, combine 3 cups of the baking mix, instant yeast, salt, warm water, egg, honey, and butter.
- Knead by hand or on low speed for 3-4 minutes. If the dough is sticking to the sides of the bowl, add ¼ - ½ cups of additional baking mix.
- Place in a large, greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Sprinkle flour on a clean surface and pat the dough into a 10x10" square. Cut 12-16 even squares of dough and form into balls.
- Place the rolls seam side down in a greased 9x13" pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden.