Cookies and Cream Bear Bite Brownies
- 300 Calories
- 5g Protein
- 44g Carbs
Having a hard time choosing whether to make cookies or brownies? With these Cookies and Cream Brownies you don't have to. After a long day on the trail you certainly deserve a dessert that is equal parts rich, moist brownie and crunchy, creamy cookie. And trust us, this recipe is made to share â with 20 servings there will be plenty to go around. Just make sure to set some aside for yourself later!
Recipe provided by @ladyinthewildwest
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 4 oz semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 extra large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Bear Bites(crushed up)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners sugar
- a heaping hand full (a little over 1/2 cup) of crushed Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Bear Bites
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper, so it overhangs on each side. This allows for the brownies to lift out easily for cutting
- In a medium sized heat safe bowl, melt the butter and chopped chocolate together in the microwave, in 20 second increments, stirring in between. Set aside to cool slightly
- Add the sugar to the butter mixer, whisk till well combined
- Add the eggs and vanilla. Whisk till well combined
- Using a wooden spoon, add the cocoa, kosher salt, and flour. Mix till well combined
- Add the chocolate chips and crushed Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Bear Bites. Mix till combined. The batter will be super thick and you'll be tempted to eat it. Be patient!
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Begin testing with a toothpick at 25 minutes. If you see a couple moist crumbs on the toothpick the brownies are perfect.
- Allow the brownies to cool while you make the Cookies and Cream topping.
- In a medium sized heat safe bowl, melt the white chocolate and heavy cream together in the microwave, in 20 second increments, stirring in between
- With a rubber spatula, add the confectioners sugar and crushed Kodiak Cakes Chocolate Bear Bites. Mix till combined.
- Pour the mixture over the brownies, spreading evenly with the spatula. Allow the brownies to cool completely and set. I chill them for a bit to speed up the process
- Lift the brownies out of the pan and cut into bars.
*They'll keep fresh covered, up to one week, or frozen for a few months*