- 320 Calories
- 19g Protein
- 9g Total Fat
- 45g Carbs
- View Full Info
We’re dishing a seasonal secret: our irresistible Holiday Stuffing deserves a permanent spot on your holiday table. With help from Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes, you can create a side dish that packs the good stuff, like whole grains, a whole lotta protein, into mouthwatering flavor into every bite. Combined with rosemary, garlic, celery, and onion, all sautéed in rich butter and hearty chicken stock, this Savory Herb & Garlic Holiday Stuffing recipe will not only be the star of your holiday feast, it will also live on in your guest's memory long after the meal is over.
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 1 package Kodiak Buttermilk Power Flapjacks
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter an 8 x 8“ baking pan and set aside.
- Remove the flapjacks from their packaging and toast each flap jack in the toaster until golden. When cool, cut the flap jacks into half-inch cubes.
- Place the cubed flapjacks in a large mixing bowl along with the onion, celery, garlic, rosemary, thyme, sage, salt, and black pepper. Toss with a spoon until all ingredients have been distributed evenly.
- Pour the chicken broth and butter evenly over the flapjack mixture and toss so that the liquids are evenly distributed.
- Place the mixture in the prepared baking pan, spreading out evenly, and bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top.
*Pro Tip: This stuffing can be placed in the cavity of a turkey, too, and cooked according to the turkey’s needs. If cooking inside of a turkey, make sure that the internal temperature of the stuffing reaches 165°F.