Pigs in a Blanket
- 230 Calories
- 11g Protein
- 12g Total Fat
- 22g Carbs
- View Full Info
Created a classic comfort food, Kodiak Style, using this Pigs in a Blanket recipe. Not only will it remind you of mom’s home cookin’, you’ll get the added protein and whole grains for the nourishment you knead (pun intended). Savor each bite and feel satisfied enough to go adventuring afterward.
Recipe provided by Mimi Council
- 2 teaspoons (7 g) active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 cup (57 g) salted butter
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 4 1/2 cups (477 g) Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 8 hot dogs
To make the dough:
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook, add the yeast, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes, until bubbly.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, add the butter and milk and melt completely. Remove from heat.
- Add the Kodiak mix, 1/4 cup sugar, salt, egg, and milk mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer. Knead on low for 5 minutes.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let sit for 1 to 3 hours or until doubled in size.
To make the pigs in a blanket:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the hot dogs in half, set aside.
- On a floured surface, divide the dough into two equal round pieces. Roll each one out to about 16-inchs in diameter. Cut each circle into 8 triangle pieces, like a pizza.
- Place the triangles on the prepared baking sheets. Place a hot dog piece on the rounded edge of the triangle and roll towards the point, place it point side down on the parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 to 12 minutes, until golden brown and puffy. Serve immediately.