Kodiak Cakes Protein Pizza Crust
Whatever type of pizza you prefer, it's got to start with a crust and we guarantee it's a good one with this Kodiak Cakes Pizza Crust Recipe. That's right, it's just one of many ways to use Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Flapjack & Waffle Mix to elevate any dish. It's the perfect, light, crispy, and delicious base for your next pizza party â plus its 100% whole grain!
Recipe provided by Lady in the Wild West
- 1 package dry yeast (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-3/4 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour + extra for rolling out dough
- 1-1/4 cups water, at lukewarm temperature
- Proof the yeast. Pour the yeast into a small bowl. Add Â½ teaspoon of sugar and Â¼ cup of warm water (110Â°F) and stir to combine. Let the mixture rest until itâs doubled in size, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and coat the interior generously with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey and sea salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk mix, the all-purpose flour, the proofed yeast, and the olive oil mixture and honey mixture. Pulse 5 times to combine the ingredients.
- Add the lukewarm water. Continue pulsing until the dough comes together, forming a ball. If the dough seems too sticky, add flour, one tablespoon at a time.
- Place the dough in the oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 45 to 60 minutes, until itâs doubled in size.
- Remove the plastic wrap. With your fist, punch straight down into the center of the dough. Pour the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead a few times.Â Divide the dough into four equal parts, forming each into a ball. Place the dough rolls on a lightly floured baking sheet and cover with plastic. Refrigerate for two hours or overnight. Bring the dough to room temperature before rolling.
- On a well-floured surface, roll the dough into a 10â circle. Place the dough on a floured Ooni Pizza Peel. Add desired toppings. Cook the pizza in the Ooni Pizza oven for roughly 60 seconds, rotating halfway through.