Kodiak Protein Pizza Crust
This protein pizza crust recipe is just one of the many ways to use Kodiak flapjack & waffle mix in your favorite recipes! It's a perfectly light, crispy, and delicious base for your next pizza party... and did we mention it's crafted with 100% whole grains?
Recipe provided by Lady in the Wild West
- 1 package dry yeast (not instant)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1-3/4 cups Kodiak Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour + extra for rolling out dough
- 1-1/4 cups water, at lukewarm temperature
- Proof the yeast. Pour the yeast into a small bowl. Add ½ teaspoon of sugar and ¼ cup of warm water (110°F) and stir to combine. Let the mixture rest until it's doubled in size, about 5 to 8 minutes.
- Take a large bowl and coat the interior generously with olive oil. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, honey and sea salt. Stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a food processor, add the Kodiak mix, all-purpose flour, the proofed yeast, and the olive oil mixture and honey mixture. Pulse 5 times to combine the ingredients.
- Add the lukewarm water. Continue pulsing until the dough comes together, forming a ball. If the dough seems too sticky, add flour, one tablespoon at a time.
- Place the dough in the oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm place for 45 to 60 minutes, until it's doubled in size.
- Remove the plastic wrap. With your fist, punch straight down into the center of the dough. Pour the dough onto a well-floured surface and knead a few times. Divide the dough into four equal parts, forming each into a ball. Place the dough rolls on a lightly floured baking sheet and cover with plastic. Refrigerate for two hours or overnight. Bring the dough to room temperature before rolling.
- On a well-floured surface, roll the dough into a 10" circle. Place the dough on a floured Ooni Pizza Peel. Add desired toppings. Cook the pizza in the Ooni Pizza oven for roughly 60 seconds, rotating halfway through.
Note: Cook time varies depending on the oven. If cooking in a traditional oven, we recommended baking your pizza on a pizza pan or stone at 450° F for 8-10 minutes.