HOLIDAY SUGAR COOKIES
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- Cream butter, salt, and sugar for two minutes on medium speed.
- Add in vanilla and egg and mix until combined.
- Add in Kodiak Cakes mix and combine completely.
- Turn dough out onto a sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate for three hours or overnight. Very important to refrigerate your dough or it will spread a lot.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and roll out cookie dough to at least 1/4 inch thick or thicker.
- Place on a cookie sheet two inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Pull out of oven and use butter knife to gently push back any sides of the cookies that may have spread. Let cool for two minutes and transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with buttercream frosting (see recipe below).