Cinnamon Coffee Cake
This Cinnamon Coffee Cake recipe is a delicious treat to enjoy at your next breakfast or brunch. Crafted with Kodiak Cakes Cinnamon Oat & Buttermilk Power Cakes, each slice is packed with protein and wholesome nutrition from 100% whole grains. Drizzle a little icing on top, and youâll be asking for Cinnamon Coffee Cake every morning!
- 1-1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk Power Cakes Flapjack & Waffle Mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons. milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350Â°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine the Kodiak Cakes mix, sugars, and cinnamon. Add the melted butter and stir until the mix resembles the consistency of wet sand.
- In a separate bowl, make the cake by using an electric mixer to combine the Kodiak Cakes mix, sugar, and butter until the dry ingredients are coated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg, sour cream, and vanilla together.
- Add the egg mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour half of the cake batter into a greased 9âx 9â pan and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the streusel over the first layer of batter.
- Carefully spoon the remaining batter over the streusel layer and spread evenly. Top with all except 1/2 cup of the remaining streusel.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove from oven and quickly sprinkle the last 1/2 cup of streusel on the sections of the cake that have started to show during the baking process. Once fully covered with streusel, place the cake back in the oven and continue baking for an addition 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir together powdered sugar, milk and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled cake.