Beehive Cheddar with Hatch Chile Cornbread
- 590 Calories
- 22g Protein
- 32g Total Fat
- 64g Carbs
- View Full Info
Get adventurous with your food game—add some spice to your side dish with this Hatch Chile Cornbread recipe. That extra kick in the back of your throat surely elevates any meal, and the recipe is as simple as watching the sun set (well, kinda). Simply use our Kodiak Cornbread Mix as your base and add in a handful of ingredients listed, bake, and devour.
Recipe provided by Chef Marco & Aubrey Niccoli
- 1 bag Kodiak Homestead Style Cornbread Mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 can creamed corn
- 1-1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup crumbled beehive white cheddar
- 1/2 cup hatch chiles, small diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small sauté pan, combine 2 tablespoons of butter and chiles. Sauté until softened for 2-3 minutes and season with salt. Then set aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the cornbread mix with eggs, melted butter, creamed corn, and milk. Whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Next fold in the cheddar and hatch chilies.
- Pour batter into a nonstick prepared 9x9 pan and bake for 35 minutes.