Coconut Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
- 335 Calories
- 30g Protein
- 25g Total Fat
- 23g Carbs
Whether you're grilling up some surf and turf for you next summer barbecue or looking for the perfect appetizer for your next dinner party, you'll want to be sure to try our Coconut Shrimp Lettuce Wraps Recipe. This recipe uses Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk and Chia Energy Cakes, egg, and shredded coconut to make the batter, while rinsed and deveined shrimp make up the meat of this otherwise light and tropical-infused appetizer.
Recipe provided by Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 1lb shrimp (rinsed and deveined)
- 1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Buttermilk and Chia Energy Cakes Flapjack and Waffle Mix
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 large whole egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 8 Large butter lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- In three separate small bowls, add (1) Kodiak Cakes mix, (2) slightly beaten egg, and (3) shredded coconut. Divide seasonings and add to Kodiak bowl and egg bowl. Mix gently.
- Preheat a large skillet and add coconut oil under medium/high heat.
- Coat each shrimp in Kodiak Cake mix and seasoning mixture, then egg, then shredded coconut. Add shrimp to heated pan and cook just until golden brown on each side.
- Remove from pan and place on a wire cooling rack. Sprinkle with a pinch of additional salt if desired.
- Build lettuce wraps and serve.