Jalapeno Corn Cakes
- 49 Calories
- 1g Protein
- 6g Carbs
- View Full Info
Our Jalapeno Corn Cakes makes the perfect addition to taco night or your next backyard barbecue. These savory little cakes are made using Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread Mix, yellow corn, onion, cilantro, and a blend of spices to make each bite delicious and satisfying. We recommend serving them with a side of sour cream, freshly sliced jalapenos, and minced cilantro for an extra bit of flavor.
Recipe provided by Kiwi and Carrot
- 3 cups cooked yellow corn (or 2 15-ounce cans of whole kernel corn)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro, lightly packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread Mix
- 2 large jalapeños, deveined and finely diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine 2 cups of yellow corn, onion, eggs, cilantro, salt, garlic powder and black pepper. Blend using an immersion blender (or regular stand blender) until the mixture is mostly smooth.
- Add in remaining yellow corn, Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread Mix and jalapeños. Stir until fully combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in large frying pan over medium-high heat. Using an ice cream scoop, drop scoops of the mixture into the pan and pan fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. (If you don’t have an ice cream scoop, measure out about 3 heaping tablespoons per corn cake.)
- Season corn fritters with more salt and pepper, if necessary, and serve with sour cream, freshly diced jalapeños and cilantro.