Apple Sauce Cornbread
- 170 Calories
- 9g Protein
- 29g Carbs
- View Full Info
If you're looking for a way to make your next batch of cornbread just a little healthier, look no further than this Applesauce Cornbread recipe. We've replaced butter with apple sauce to reduce the amount of fat per serving, and each piece packs in 9g of protein and nutrition from 100% whole grains from Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread Mix. If you prefer muffins, add the mixture to a greased, 12-cup muffin tin and bake at 400 degrees for 25-27 minutes!
- 1 box Kodiak Cakes Cornbread
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine ingredients in a mixing bowl and hand mix until blended.
- Pour into a 9" x 9" greased pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.