Cornbread Breakfast Skillets
- 353 Calories
- 27g Protein
Add some spice to your breakfast routine with this Cornbread Breakfast Skillet Recipe. Simply make Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread, then add fresh veggies and salsa verde for a delicious breakfast.
- 1 box Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread Mix
- 1 cup egg whites
- 2 large whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 10 thick slices of bacon
- 1 cup cheddar or desired cheese
- 1/2 cup green onion
- 4 oz. salsa verde
- 1/2 cup onions (optional)
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup green peppers
- Make Kodiak Cakes Homestead Style Cornbread Mix per instructions on box. Portion mix into individual skillets instead of muffin tray. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Place bacon on lined pan and preheat over to 425F. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Preheat large skillet and coat with non-stick spray, coconut oil, or butter. Saute veggies (if using onions, mushrooms, and green peppers) for 2-3 minutes or until tender. In a large bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika until combined. Add to pan and cook for 2-3 minutes until fluffy. Stir in cheese.
- Add scrambled eggs to the center of each cornbread skillet. Top with extra cheese and green onions if desired. Serve with a drizzle of salsa verde.