Mini Cranberry Bacon Brie Waffle Toasts
- 180 Calories
- 6g Protein
- 10g Total Fat
- 18g Carbs
- View Full Info
Tease your tastebuds with a bite (or two) of these Mini Cranberry Bacon and Brie Waffle Toasts before the main course drops. In this recipe, we’re subbing in Kodiak Cubs Original Waffles for bread to make perfectly portioned, protein-packed toasts full of festive flavor. Just make sure you set one aside for yourself because your guests won’t want to stop at just one!
Recipe provided by Kitchen McCabe
- 1⁄2 package Kodiak Cubs Original Adventure Waffles
- 1⁄2 wheel of Brie
- 4 slices bacon, sliced into small strips
- 3 shallots, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- Thyme sprigs, to garnish
- Toast four portions of mini waffles. Break them apart so that you have 16 total mini waffles. Place waffles on a serving platter.
- Make the bacon jam: heat a skillet to medium high and add the bacon. Sauté until liquids start to release and add the shallots. Sauté until bacon is caramelized and shallots are soft.
- Add the brown sugar, salt, and cranberries. Sauté until the cranberries are soft and the mixture is glossy and thick, like jam. Remove from heat.
- Cut the Brie into 1⁄2” slices. Cut the slices into 1” wide strips.
- Top each mini waffle with a square of Brie.
- Spoon a 1⁄2 tablespoon of bacon jam on top of the Brie.
- Garnish each waffle with a sprig of thyme. Serve warm or at room temperature.